Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Pictures!

So I realized I was doing something wrong with the way I did my character pictures. So I redid them all and in the process redesigned a little bit :)

Here we go;

First up is my Lady America. I spent a lot of time working on this look and in the end it became a mix of two different Lady America costumes. The first one ever and the City of Heroes look I used that won me oh so many costume contests in Atlas Park.

The hair is still wrong, as it it supposed to look like the singer from Roxette's hair but I just could get that right at all.

It should look like this;

But the problem is that I have little to no artistic talent freehand and drawing said hair would have been beyond my talents.

Still I am happy with how she turned out. Even if her boobs are too big. ;)



Up next is the rework of Gyro. Again I added something to the picture, which was the new chest symbol. I like it a lot more than the one that came built into the Fabrica program, so off to Photoshop I went. In the end I think he looks more streamlined and faster, which is sort of what I was aiming for.

Like Lady A, Gyro is a character that is near and dear to my heart. When I couldn't get his name in City of Heroes I wound calling him Ex Astris, which was fun... but it wasn't right. I can still hear Farrel in my head saying in his Spartacus voice "Gyro! Gyro! Gyro!" in a very Brady Bunch moment.

Sigh those were good time.

Continuing the trend of remake and redesign, I came to my buddy Guardsman. I just couldn't get it right. No matter how I tried to do it, it wasn't coming out the way I wanted.

Then I tried this and everything was okay;

It is amazing what a half-cape and some colour introspection can do for a character. I am beyond happy with how Guardsman turned out. Now he looks like the bad-ass super hero I saw him as originally.

Well that's it for now.

More to come, as there are already designs on the plate that haven't been seen yet. Some of which still need to be stated out as well.

Cheers and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment