Monday, December 21, 2009

What Should Me Next Campaign Be?

So with only one more session (maybe two) to go for the first part of "New Dawn of the West" and the "Final Age" campaign group just getting underway, I have come to need a new campaign for the NDotW gang.

Now first off, I really don't expect anyone to reply to this. I rarely get comments or feel like anyone is reading this, so perhaps this is a masturbatory act of posting. Then again you never know.

Moving on.

I was thinking about doing some supers, but to be honest none of the available superhero systems appeal to me anymore and I just don't have the energy to write my own (despite my last post) and think that it may slide to beyond back burner status as a project.

Cyberpunk and Star Wars both bore me too quickly. As well Cyberpunk is oh so deadly which makes running a campaign a hard thing to do.

Not really up for another fantasy campaign, as I have one going with the other group and need time to clear the pallet with this one.

Star Trek... maybe, maybe Prime Directive... That I just don't know.

So suggestions? Oh and Horror gaming is right out with this group.

So yeah. Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to comment, dude, but the background for your page isn't loading, and it's a real bitch to read grey on white....

    I'm not sure what to suggest, as I feel that the RPG field out there is fairly limited, genre-wise. There's fantasy, sci-fi, horror, and their various flavors (cyberpunk, space opera, dark fantasy, urban fantasy...). I find myself wanting something "else" though I have no idea what that would look like. It seems as though your group likes supers.

    Have you considered sneaking some horror into the campaign anyway? I've never tried it myself, but I like the idea. For example, I had plans to run a Star Trek campaign that was essentially Call of Cthulhu.... The strange, new world was to be a Mi-Go homeworld, they'd be phasering shantaks, and so on.

    You could go all "Rom, Spaceknight" on their asses, having them battle horrors from another dimension intent on invading our world.

    This way, you're not playing the same-old, same-old, and perhaps introducing them to something they generally think they don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noticed your comments on this thread. Sorry about that Ross.

    Well as you can tell I have decided to go with supers and I shall post why momentarily :)

    Someone else I know is doing the whole "Star Trek meets Cthulhu" thing, must be a fad.

    I did it once, using time travel and essentially the Ilitiads from D&D, but never got to play it out all the way :(

    ReplyDelete